• October 19, 2017, 04:12:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I've had some of my team snap the handle off, but never the thumbscrews on delivery/out of the box.  If you RMA it right away, they will replace it as a DOA part.
TankII
Nortel / Avaya Ethernet Switching / Re: KRACK vulnerability - any info from Avaya?
« Last post by MatzeKS on October 17, 2017, 05:14:07 AM »
You're welcome  ;)
I've just received this link that covers Extreme Wireless as well:
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000018005

The Avaya link you provided is a bit more detailed than the Extreme link. Thanks for the info!
Has anyone heard anything about patches for WLAN9100 With regards to this vulnerability? I've seen some References to it on Extremes community pages is all I've found so far, but nothing on Avaya's support site.
Nortel / Avaya Ethernet Switching / Re: Managing multiple switch access.
« Last post by Sja on October 12, 2017, 04:51:11 AM »
As SPBM Networks go, it isn't all that big really. Presently just 86 nodes, down from about 140 at max. We did play around with SPB on ERS4800s, but found the combination og 802.1x and SPB didn't work all that well. In addition, we have merged a number of ERS8600/8800s into VSP9000/VSP8000 cluster, thus the reduction in SPB nodes.

However, to give you an idea of what our network looks like, I've enclosed a screenshot from COM. Looks kind of impressive, doesn't it?

Hi

Very impressive nice to see that scale..
Do you know about bigger SPB domain  den that ?
I know they say around 1000 BEB/BCB..
thanks for sharing

/SJA
Nortel / Avaya Ethernet Switching / Avaya 1KW AC/DC 54V Power Supply issue
« Last post by bhusebye on October 11, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
Greetings,
anyone else having issues with parts breaking on the 4850-GTS PWR+ power supplies, screws ending up snapped off on delivery and plastic handles breaking off.  I tried to ask Avaya yesterday if there was a replacement kit for the front of the power supplies.  There is nothing wrong with the power supply functionally and the front of the power supply can be taken off with 5 screws.  They said it was against their "Guidelines" to sell us that part.  Has anyone else ever ran into this?
« Last post by Řyvind Nikolaisen on October 11, 2017, 07:57:35 AM »
As SPBM Networks go, it isn't all that big really. Presently just 86 nodes, down from about 140 at max. We did play around with SPB on ERS4800s, but found the combination og 802.1x and SPB didn't work all that well. In addition, we have merged a number of ERS8600/8800s into VSP9000/VSP8000 cluster, thus the reduction in SPB nodes.

However, to give you an idea of what our network looks like, I've enclosed a screenshot from COM. Looks kind of impressive, doesn't it?
could it adopt 6521AP?
or I have to upgrade the IOS?
and where can I get the new ios?
appreciate your help very much!
« Last post by Sja on October 02, 2017, 05:13:36 AM »
We've been using TACACS+ linked to AD Groups to manage our 4.000+ network Devices, of which 800 or so are Avaya VSPs or Baystacks. Either way, get rid of the old way of using local passwords since they may be a pain in the posterior to manage!

Brgds
Řyvind
Waooo...
That is a big network!!
How big is your SPBM domain?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10