• January 18, 2019, 11:58:50 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Threshold statistics, vpn5000 issues  (Read 1734 times)

Offline nsgmike

• Rookie
Threshold statistics, vpn5000 issues
« on: July 19, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

My network is still using vpn5000 in the core with vpn1100 out in the branch offices (some are 5000s and 2750s).

I have a very large network and have been migrated sites to bigger circuits using QOS to try to keep everyone limited.

Recently I have been having OSPF convergence issues because my core routers are missing the hello timers because I believe they are busy processing the 100s of tunnels I have spread out across 4 5000s.

Any ideas on where to look on the 5000 routers to get an idea if I am indeed maxing out CPU and vpn throughput?

(I am currently working on a Juniper SRX deployment to replace this old equipment)

Thanks

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
Re: Threshold statistics, vpn5000 issues
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »
Sorry for not seeing your message earlier.  A bit late on the reply I know.  The Contivity 5000 is a very powerful box that should honestly be able to handle thousands of tunnels at a time.  Could the issue be your not allowing enough active sessions through your firewall maybe?  The default setting is pretty low and I cranked my session limit up to 250,000 back when I was still using those routers.

All the system statistics should be under Status -> Statistics.