• August 19, 2019, 11:17:22 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Nortel 221 VPN - No Configuration Software Available. Ideas?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline paulray

• Rookie
A client has a VPN between 2 offices in different cities using Nortel 221 Contivity appliances. The original installer is no longer around (nor is Nortel) and I cannot seem to get my hands on the Contivity Configuration Manager to access the VPN settings. Simple VPN requirement, any suggestions out there?
Thanks....

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
Re: Nortel 221 VPN - No Configuration Software Available. Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:26:17 PM »
You should be able to get to the VPN settings via the built-in web GUI if you have access to it.  I don't have a 221 around any more to check where the config is on the box.

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: Nortel 221 VPN - No Configuration Software Available. Ideas?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
A client has a VPN between 2 offices in different cities using Nortel 221 Contivity appliances. The original installer is no longer around (nor is Nortel) and I cannot seem to get my hands on the Contivity Configuration Manager to access the VPN settings. Simple VPN requirement, any suggestions out there?
Thanks....

Hi paulray and welcome to the forums!

As @Telair mentions you can use the web based GUI to configure the VPN router. Just point your browser to the IP address of the VPN router, example http://192.168.1.1

People only utilized the Contivity Configuration Manager if they had hundreds of VPN routers to manage and monitor.

Cheers!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!