• November 25, 2020, 11:09:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problems with 1140e factory reset.  (Read 8956 times)

Offline acarter

• Rookie
Problems with 1140e factory reset.
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:02:15 PM »
I am new to the Nortel 1140e. I have been given the take of making a 1140e work with our BCM system. Thing is I don't know the admin password for the phone as it is a referb. I have looked on the internet and have found some stuff that I thought to pertain to the matter but I have been unable to get it to reset. I have tried the color*set password and the
  • [7][3][6][3][9][MAC]
  • both do not work.

I wonder it there is a step by step process out there to hook the phone up as well. I have the wiring down just don't know the steps on the phone itself. I have the general user guide, it has not helped.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
AC

Offline acarter

• Rookie
Re: Problems with 1140e factory reset.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 01:06:30 PM »
I meant to put i have the f/w 0625c7j installed on phone.

Offline pat2012

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »
Hi acarter.

Taken from Avaya's documentation....

The UNIStim software release 3.0 for IP Deskphones introduced the ability to restore an IP Deskphone to a “factory default” configuration. This can be useful when redeploying an IP Deskphone from one location to another, when starting to use an IP Deskphone with unknown history, or to reset to a known baseline configuration.

With UNIStim software release 3.0, and greater, the following keypad sequence is used to reset all provisioning parameters to a “factory default”:

• [7][3][6][3][9][MAC]

Where MAC corresponds to the MAC address of the IP Deskphone which can be found on a label on the back of the IP Deskphone.

Since a MAC address can contain the letters A through F, the letters A, B and C can be entered via the [2] key on the dialpad, and letters D, E and F can be entered via the [3] key.

For example, an IP Deskphone with MAC address 00:19:E1:E2:17:12 would be reset to “factory default” when the sequence **73639001931321712## is entered on the keypad.

Please note that the keypad sequence will only be accepted by the phone after the IP Deskphone has finished its boot-up procedure.

Offline acarter

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »
When I let the phone boot up all the way all I see is New Set   User id:

Where should I be able to put in that reset code.

Offline pat2012

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 01:04:26 PM »
By the way.  The admin password should be colorset* and not color*set as you had in your original post - maybe it was a typo.

Also, I realised that this forum didn't display the reset code properly. I see it did the same to your post.  It is supposed to read **[7][3][6][3][9]MAC##.

As for your last question?  Hmmm.....  I'm not too sure if it would work when the phone is in the state you described... displaying "New Set User id".  Try it and see.

Offline acarter

• Rookie
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
It doesn't work in the current state. I tried it with no luck. Like I said in my post I have never messed with this phone or system before.