• September 21, 2020, 09:45:23 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Nortel 1230 (SIP) not booting  (Read 2452 times)

Offline jancor

• Rookie
Nortel 1230 (SIP) not booting
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:09:34 AM »
Hey guys,

I have flashed a few nortel 1140e's to sip and they are all working fine.
I have done the same with an 1230, and first, it was working great, but at some day, after powering down and up again, it stopped booting (without changing any setting before)..

When powered up, first, it says: "Load Application..." for a few seconds, then, the screen gets blank and stays so...

I have tried **renew[mac]## a few times.
I tried to check if the phone is asking my dhcp srv for an ip adress (sh ip dhcp bindings), but it's mac is not in the list. I've set my dhcp-settings to forward tftp requests in my voice and in my data vlan to tftpd64 (option 150 and 66 ... korrekt(?)) but the phone is not requesting any files...

Any other ideas? Any other reset sequence? closing a cuircuit? holding any buttons while booting up?
I dont know, what to do... I like the phone and don't want to throw it into the bin...

Thanks a lot for your help!!
Jan

Offline ahmaly

• Rookie
Re: Nortel 1230 (SIP) not booting
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:33:37 AM »
Greetings,

You can try the following -

3.8 Recovery Process

The two proceses below can be used to atempt to recover a phone to a known state in order to upgrade or install. The BootC method is preferred as it can be used on all supported 1100 and 1200 Series phones. The second method can be
used with phones that already have a UNIStim firmware of an earlier version than 06XXC7M.
Invoking the BootC Loader

1.Power of the phone.
2.Press and hold the keypad 2 button and the up arrow.
3.Connect the phone power (either through PoE or power adapter) while the buttons above for about 7 seconds
while the phone is powered up. On a 1100 Series phone, release the buttons immediately after the blue and red light go of. On a 1200 Series phone, release the button immediately Loading BootC is displayed.
4.After releasing the buttons, the phone screen shows Manual configuration. Here you have 2 options:

Option 1 - Upgrade Firmware and Settings

Pres the 4 soft keys consecutively one after the other from left to right. This wil enter the configuration
menu where you can configure the DHCP/static IP addres and provisioning server parameters. The
parameters can be configured as per Method 2 (DHCP) or Method 4 (static addresing) depending if
DHCP is used or not. Option 2 - Resume Previous Operation
Let the phone continue its boot up proces. The phone wil resume its previously configured parameters and
firmware.