• November 29, 2020, 05:10:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Nortel 1220 IP connected to Trixbox/Asterisk  (Read 10157 times)

Offline Figge71

• Rookie
Nortel 1220 IP connected to Trixbox/Asterisk
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:01:24 AM »
Hi!

I have some problems with an Nortel 1220 with SIP software, connected to Trixbox/Asterisk...
When someone calls me, the phone only rings sometimes. There are no problem when I make calls only when calling to it.

I've tried to find an answer for several months but haven't succeeded,
Pled help me.

Have a good day,
/Fredrik

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
Re: Nortel 1220 IP connected to Trixbox/Asterisk
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 10:39:17 AM »
I am not an Asterisk guru nor am I using one. However, if I were you, I would enable full debug and start looking into the log files to find out why some calls don't go through. Needless to say, I suspect it has something to do with your dialplan that handles the incoming calls. In this case, perhaps it filters out certain incoming calls based on CID, time of day, etc.

Offline Figge71

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »
Hi!

Thanke for the reply!

I'm using an extention that works fine with other phones, so I don't think that asterisk is wrongly setup.
Personly I think that there is som kind of codec error, I've experienced something like this before. And changing codec settings helped.
I've tryed to change codec settings today, but the settings don't seam to be saved.

I'm going to start the debug as you suregested.

Does anyone now where I can find an manual on how to setup the phone.
The one I can find on the internet doesn't go deep in to the settings....

/Fredrik

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »
Personly I think that there is som kind of codec error, I've experienced something like this before. And changing codec settings helped.
If that is the case, I wonder if you can configure your tribox to allow other codecs.

I've tryed to change codec settings today, but the settings don't seam to be saved.
I think you will need to make the changes through the tribox GUI.

Offline Figge71

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 11:28:17 PM »
Thanks!

I'll look in to that today!

/Fredrik

Offline Figge71

• Rookie
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 05:59:42 AM »
I've setup new extension accounts and it seams to have solved the problem, but we'll se as the day goes by...

Thanks!
/F

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »
I am just curious and have some questions that may not relate to your post.
  • How many trunks (lines) do you have on your tribox
  • What hardware (computer) do you use to host your tribox system

Offline Figge71

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 04:50:26 PM »
Hi!

I have 3 trunks and an old HP PC with 500mb ram, CPU = ?...
The problem isn't the computer it is the broadband, I recommend 20 mbit down and at least 4 mbit up.

Why the question? Are you thinking of putting one up?

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »
Hi!

I have 3 trunks and an old HP PC with 500mb ram, CPU = ?...
The problem isn't the computer it is the broadband, I recommend 20 mbit down and at least 4 mbit up.

Why the question? Are you thinking of putting one up?
I did some searches through Google sometimes ago and notice a lot of digital PBXes hosted on a desktop computer (from old to new/fast CPU). What I never understand is if the owners of such PBXes have ever taken into consideration on how much of electricity gets wasted running a PBX on a fast computer to do a handful trunk. In your case, I won't be surprised if your tribox consumes about 30 Watts of electricity to serve you with 3 trunks.

I have 5+ SIP trunks + 5+ Google Voice on my FreeSWITCH with 5+ extensions. My FreeSWITCH, printer sever, and a small (120GB) file server are hosted on a Seagate Dockstar. According to the manufacturer specs, a Seagate Dockstar consumes about 3 Watts of electricity. I read somewhere that someone used a Kill-a-Watt device to measure and found his/her Seagate Dockstar (no hard drives) consumed a bit less than 3 Watts of electricity. I presume mine would consume no more than 6 Watts of electricity. After all, the original AC/DC adapter runs cool (not even warm) to the touch of my palm. What I like about using such a Linux embedded system is a small footprint with no noise (besides less Wattage).