• September 21, 2020, 11:59:58 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Nortel 1140e  (Read 2573 times)

Offline joneo99

• Rookie
Nortel 1140e
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
Hi All - First time to the forum and new to these IP phones.  We are a small group with a mixture of Nortel digital phones and IP phones (1140e).  We have two buildings and the 10 IP phones are split evenly between the two locations.  The digital phones are only in one location.  There are no issues with the digital phones, however, the IP phones in both locations are rebooting every 60 seconds.  The screen is on the main screen (and you can get a dial tone when it sits at the main screen) but after about 10 seconds, the screen changes and the message states the server is unreachable and the phone will restart and there is a countdown from 60.  I rebooted the phones and I've rebooted a PoE switch and no change.  At this point, I'm out of options.  I am very unfamiliar with this phone system and phones.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thank you!  John

Offline joneo99

• Rookie
Re: Nortel 1140e
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 01:19:55 PM »
I have an update.  I connected to the element manager and rebooted the device.  So far, the phones have been stable for about 10 minutes.  Not sure if it's completely fixed or not, but I'm able to make and receive calls.  John

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: Nortel 1140e
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
Thanks for posting your update... this generally happens when there is an issue with the network, such as a loop that is preventing the IP phones from communicating with the Call Server. If it happens again you should check to see if you can ping the IP phones and ping the Call Server.

Good Luck!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!