• October 31, 2020, 05:59:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Converting Avaya 9608 to Sip  (Read 10991 times)

Offline kdecaigny

• Rookie
Converting Avaya 9608 to Sip
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:25 AM »
Hello,
I have recently acquired three of these devices but do no use Avaya Call Manager Etc. This is a bit
of a hobby for me so I am a little green behind the ears.

I am looking to convert these phones to the SIP firmware from Avaya, from my understanding I need have
the phones pull the config files from a server

Can someone point me in the steps to process such a request. I have only worked with phones (Snom and Aastra) which allow you to access the web interface and program through them.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You
Kristopher

Offline bulyhome

• Rookie
Re: Converting Avaya 9608 to Sip
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 04:27:49 AM »
Hi,

In order to convert 9608 phones from H323 firmware to SIP firmware you need to download first the latest 6.4 SIP phone firmware and 46xxsettings.txt files from support.avaya.com and then you need to have one HTTP server (with those files ready) and point the phones to download the files from it. Note that you can specify the signaling protocol on the phone (Auto, H323 or SIP) and you need one 96xxsupgrade.txt or rename it to 96xxhupgrade.txt (depending on what the phone tries to download from your http server).

Cheers.

Offline kdecaigny

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 01:18:27 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for the information on the conversion to SIP. I am having difficutlies getting my phones to see my
http server as they want to use port 8000 and the phones use port 80. Any suggestions on how I can change that on the phones?

Offline bulyhome

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 02:05:49 AM »
Hi,

I think the easiest way is to fix your HTTP server, as there is no option on the phone menu to change the port.
Check if you have other service started that uses port 80 on that machine. You can try HFS (very easy to use HTTP server).