• October 21, 2017, 09:05:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Convert Avaya 4610SW from H.323 to SIP  (Read 197 times)

Offline JaySmith

Convert Avaya 4610SW from H.323 to SIP
« on: May 25, 2017, 11:09:07 AM »
I recently picked up a bunch of phones off ebay. Wiped them out and reset, programmed, pointed to my tftp, dhcp, and pbx servers.

When it boots, it gets stuck sitting there saying Discover 10.0.0.5(pbx ip). When I look at the error log in the manual, it says this:
CAUSE: The 46xx telephone is attempting to discover (and register with) the gatekeeper at IP Address aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd.
RESOLUTION: If this message appears for more than a few seconds, especially if the IP Address keeps changing, the telephone is unable to contact the gatekeeper. Have the LAN Administrator verify network connectivity between the telephone and the gatekeeper. Alternately, revise the gatekeeper addresses in the DHCP/TFTP files in accordance with the 4600 Series IP Telephone LAN Administrator Guide to point to different gatekeepers.

The gatekeeper from what I've seen is the H.323 server, which means it's not in SIP mode.

To convert to SIP mode, I've read that you hit * during startup to program, which I've done. Then keep hitting # until you get to a command menu, where you convert to SIP by entering a command. However, I never get the command menu.