• November 29, 2020, 05:37:09 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Avaya 6140 handsets with Cisco AP's (no controller)  (Read 2469 times)

Offline ansellrk

• Rookie
Avaya 6140 handsets with Cisco AP's (no controller)
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:53:23 AM »
Hello all,

I'm just starting out into the Wireless world of Avaya handsets and I can't seem to find any really good documentation on how to do it!  I can find several articles about people trying to make it work using WMM and loads of advice and stuff but nobody seems to have actually got it working (or if they have they haven't shared it!)

I'm getting the error No net found, No APS on the phone even though the phone can easily see all our wireless networks and happily displays them on the screen for me!  I believe this is because our AP's are not offering QOS properly to the phone, so it refuses to go any further (which seems daft to me but there you go).

So, tomorrow evening we're going to try and get the AP's configured properly and then use our existing 2008 DHCP server to set the scope options for the phones. I'm assuming that these phones use the same scope options as the 11xx series, or do they have to use the original scope options 128/144?

Any advice / encouragement / disapproval from anyone who has done this would be very welcome!  ;D

Thanks

Rob

Offline ansellrk

• Rookie
Re: Avaya 6140 handsets with Cisco AP's (no controller)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »
Just to let you know... it all worked fine and both our test 6120 & 6140 phones are fully operational.

I would say thanks for all the help but seeing as nobody responded... it seems a bit pointless!