• October 30, 2020, 09:10:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Avaya 4610SW SIP with multiple VoSPs?  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
Avaya 4610SW SIP with multiple VoSPs?
« on: January 31, 2014, 03:18:51 PM »
I have several Avaya 4610SW IP Phones (model 4610D01A). Currently, I managed to configure it as an extension to my FreeSWITCH IP PBX System using SIP firmware (s10d01b2_2_2.bin). The only problem I see is all 5 lines registered as a single extension. I sure would like to know if it is possible to configure each of its 5 lines with many different Voice over IP providers, i.e. Line 1 as an extension to my PBX System, Line 2 registered directly to SIPGate (UK), Line 3 registered to IPComms, etc. Anyone?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:00:38 AM by Paul L »

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: Avaya 4610SW SIP with multiple VoSPs?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »
There aren't many people here that are familiar with the Avaya (red) handsets... you'll probably need to seek out your answer elsewhere.

Sorry.
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 01:43:53 PM »
NP and thank you.

Offline TankII

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:50:04 AM »
I'll check with one of my Telecom guys.  We are an Avaya Red shop here, but I came from a Nortel/Avaya Blue shop.
Observations:
The 'blue' phones assign via TN, which I think is more elegant that Red.  Red and multiple line presence is a more challenging to set up.  Or, if you want to replicate numbers between locations and have them simultaneously active, you need to assign dummy numbers in the system then put line presence on the secondary phones. 

I'm not familiar with FreeSwitch, so I do not know how the provisioning works on that back-end.
TankII

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
I'll check with one of my Telecom guys.  We are an Avaya Red shop here, but I came from a Nortel/Avaya Blue shop.
Thank you.

Observations:
The 'blue' phones assign via TN, which I think is more elegant that Red.  Red and multiple line presence is a more challenging to set up.  Or, if you want to replicate numbers between locations and have them simultaneously active, you need to assign dummy numbers in the system then put line presence on the secondary phones.
You lost me here. I just have some plain Avaya 4610SW IP Phones in bluish grey color with the red HOLD button. I don't know this type of an IP Phone belongs to the Blue or Red category.

I'm not familiar with FreeSwitch, so I do not know how the provisioning works on that back-end.
TankII
Like Asterisk, FreeSWITCH is a B2BUA. Unlike Asterisk, FreeSWITCH doesn't support Unistim protocol. So, I just configured my Avaya 4610SW IP Phones with the s10d01b2_2_2.bin (SIP) firmware and then it will register to our FreeSWITCH as an extension. In this case, all 5 Lines shown as a single extension, i.e. 1000. I am hoping to be able to configure the 1st two Lines as extensions 1000 and 1001. Then, configure the rest Lines with other SIP VoSPs.

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:47:30 AM »
I'll check with one of my Telecom guys.
Did you get any responses from your telecom folks?

Offline TankII

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 11:04:39 AM »
Sorry I didn't respond earlier.
My guys didn't have a good answer for your issue.  They felt your switch should be able to provision the lines through line appearance.
Sorry I don't have more to help you.

TankII

Offline Habibie

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 11:09:20 AM »
Thank you.