• November 27, 2020, 06:24:21 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Avaya 1220 - Losses data connection after phone registers  (Read 2847 times)

Offline ferpor

• Rookie
Avaya 1220 - Losses data connection after phone registers
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:18:01 AM »
I have a setup with Avaya 1220 IP Phones, at first PC's and phones go to the right VLAN and get proper IP addresses but after phones completes SIP registration PC's losses connection, cannot communicate with gateway anymore, however phone is working properly.

If PC is connected to a single port, it works, but I want to connect the PC through phone.

Also, if in the phone we disable the Data VLAN, everything works fine. But we want a plug and play solution.

Any insight is appreciated.

Offline ferpor

• Rookie
Re: Avaya 1220 - Losses data connection after phone registers
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:45:35 PM »
Port mirroring shows that PC is reachable as long as data traffic is untagged, after phone registers for some reason data traffic become tagged and PC losses connection (voice is tagged which is fine). Still trying to find out whether is a phone or switch issue, even though phones are brand new and switch port profile has been replicated from a working configuration. Please advise if there exist an option in the Deviceconfig.dat that disable the data vlan in the phone.

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:03:26 AM »
Hi ferpor and welcome to the forums!

There most certainly is... you can manually configure the IP phone or you can use the provisioning files.

http://blog.michaelfmcnamara.com/2012/07/auto-provisioning-avaya-ip-phones/

You need to look at the documentation for the exact parameters you need in your provisioning files.

Good Luck!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline ferpor

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »
Everything works now!! Solution was pretty simple, all I had to do is to change the gateway for the data scope in the dhcp server.

Initially, the gateway in the data scope was the IP of the Data VLAN from the switch directly connected to the phones which has VoIP Port Profile. The solution has to change the gateway of the data scope to the vlan IP of the core switch. See below the physical connection

PC - Phone - Switch (VoIP Port Profile)- Core Switch - Production Network - Call Server