• September 22, 2020, 12:23:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Avaya 11XX SIP phones on CS1000e - how easy is it?!  (Read 2529 times)

Offline ansellrk

• Rookie
Avaya 11XX SIP phones on CS1000e - how easy is it?!
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »
Hi,

I'm sure loads of people have done this already but I can't seem to get it to work!

I have a CS1000e v7.5 (will be 7.6 in two weeks) with System Manager / Session Manager 6.1 and I really want to prove SIP endpoints using in the first instance an 1120e handset with the latest SIP firmware on.

My final hope is to get some SIP wireless handsets working (we're using Nortel 6120/6140 at the moment but they are SO expensive!)

What I really need is an idiots guide on how to do it.  I'm very confident in session manager and the CS1000e overlays...we have about 50 Audiocodes connecting over SIP so I've done a fair amount of work in this area.

I just can't see to get my Avaya 11xx phone talking to the Session Manager...never mind having it as an endpoint on the CS1000e... I'm fairly confident that I'm missing a LARGE piece of the puzzle!?

Any advice/help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Rob

Offline ansellrk

• Rookie
Re: Avaya 11XX SIP phones on CS1000e - how easy is it?!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »
OK... so it was actually quite easy in the end.  ;D

I've got my first SIP phone working... just wondering now how to make it display names properly but my next thing to do is mess with the extensive configuration files.

I'm still very open to suggestions though, thanks.