• November 27, 2020, 05:43:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Avaya 1140 SIP phones with multiple appearance not ringing on all phones  (Read 2778 times)

Offline tbellina

• Rookie
We have a Nortel 1000 MG running 7.5. We have multiple phones with the same extension (none are Key 0) but it will only ring on the last phone booted up. Any ideas?

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Hi tbellina and welcome to the forums!

This forum doesn't really have CS1000E or CS1000M subject matter experts so your question is likely to go unanswered. I will give you a hint though, you need to MARP the DN on multiple TNs. That should give you enough information to see out your answer.

Good Luck!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline ansellrk

• Rookie
Just read your response Michael and I'm not sure I agree... to my knowledge MARP can only be set on a single TN and it governs which set controls the call. Only the SET with MARP will allow forwarding/hunting of the DN.

If a set has a DN key set to SCR/MCR then it should ring regardless of MARP being enabled on the set. If the DN is not on KEY 0 then you can add IRA to the set (to save pressing the key when picking up the call) and we set OLA on too.