• September 21, 2020, 03:08:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 1140e IP Phone - Not answering incoming calls by lifting the handset  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Manu011

• Rookie
Hello,

1140e sets do not answer incoming ringing calls (int/ext) by just lifting the handset.
I have to lift the handset up AND press the line DN key (the one with a phone flashing).

Why? How could I resolve this?

Thks.

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: 1140e IP Phone - Not answering incoming calls by lifting the handset
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
You've left out a great many details...

Which software release are you are running? UNIstim or SIP? (I suspect SIP)
What Call Server are you using? BCM/CS1000 or some SIP variant? (Asterisk)

It's my understand that's the default behavior. I'm not aware if that can be changed or not.

Good Luck!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline pat2012

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »
Hi.

We've encountered that issue several times in the past with i2000 series phones.  The problem was traced to the "hook/flash" button that the handset presses.  For some reason (electrical most likely), it stops detecting when the handset is lifted.

By the way.  When you lift the handset and press the DN key, does the phone go into "handsfree" mode or can you talk through the handset?  In our case it went into "handsfree" mode.  Hence the conclusion that the phone wasn't detecting when the handset was removed.

We tried cleaning the electrical contacts on the board below the "hook/flash" button and that worked for some.

Offline Manu011

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 01:42:20 PM »
Once I hang the handset up I can answer the call by pressing the DN button. No problem.

What you say about handsfree/hanset you can set it here: 12 telephone options (Default Path).