• September 22, 2020, 12:43:21 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 1120E Firmware Update  (Read 3636 times)

Offline Chromeplated

1120E Firmware Update
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »
Currently my phones are running firmware 0624C8A, I want to upgrade them to 0624C8T. If I upload the bin file to my CS1000 running 7.5, will the phones pick up the new firmware when they reboot?
I have not upgraded my phones before, and just want to make sure they will still connect after the upgrade.

Thanks

Offline ansellrk

• Rookie
Re: 1120E Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:10:13 AM »
Yes.

Add the firmware onto your signalling servers through Element Manager. Once all your signalling servers have been updated then ANY 1120e phone that reboots will automatically pick up the new firmware.

You have to push the firmware to any SMG's you have too... and if you are using SRG's they often need a software update to pickup new firmware.

It's something we only do occasionally!  I would suggest applying the firmware upgrade out of hours and reboot one phone to ensure it comes back OK. Then reboot all the rest by dropping POE on switches or dropping into LD 117 and doing RST DN command but use that wisely!  You can reset loads of phones at once by typing RST DN X (e.g. RST DN 4) and then ANY phone that starts with a 4 in it will reboot (4000, 4001... 4999)

If you are jumping LOADS of software revisions sometimes they drop or add menu options that can cause a few issues so test thoroughly first. We often tried to download both the existing firmware and the new ones so we could roll back to the old firmware if required...but we've never needed to...yet.

Good luck.

Rob

Offline Chromeplated

Re: 1120E Firmware Update
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »
ansellrk,

That worked! Thank you so much for the reply.

Have a great day!