• September 25, 2020, 03:05:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What is the best software release to use with 5520 and 5624 stack vs6.3.4 ?  (Read 3404 times)

Offline beentherebefore

• Rookie
Hi Everyone,
I an getting ready to build a stack of 5520s and some 5624 s
I am wondering if anyone is running 6.3.4 and is it stable

Thanks,

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
Yes, I run v6.3.4 on a number of 5500's and 5600's and I am finding it stable.  I use it on my edge switches mostly, but have not had any problems with it yet after 6 months.

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
I also run 6.3.4 on sevarl devices and it runs pretty stable in my expierence.

I had some issues with connected Accesswitches running older SW releases and DHCP.

Here is a discription of the problem:
http://networkautobahn.com/2015/01/05/dhcp-relay-problem-with-avaya-ers5000-sw-6-3/

Cheers
Itīs always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com

Offline CptnBlues63

Yes, I run v6.3.4 on a number of 5500's and 5600's and I am finding it stable.  I use it on my edge switches mostly, but have not had any problems with it yet after 6 months.

Just out of curiosity guys, have they fixed the issue with some uplink ports spontaneously changing their Duplex from Full to Half when the stack is rebooted?

It was fixed in v6.2.7 but when v6.3 came out, it was "unfixed" along with some other features.  I found out the hard way......lol 

I am using 6.3.1 on a couple switches (I didn't want to downgrade them as it wasn't an issue on those stacks) but I have a few switches that connect via copper to a media converter, and those interfaces swap from Full to Halp (the GBIC connections don't seem to) if the switch reboots.  It can be a pain in the butt so I downgraded those to v6.2.7 and left them there.

Offline telecom116

Just out of curiosity guys, have they fixed the issue with some uplink ports spontaneously changing their Duplex from Full to Half when the stack is rebooted?

It was fixed in v6.2.7 but when v6.3 came out, it was "unfixed" along with some other features.  I found out the hard way......lol 

I am using 6.3.1 on a couple switches (I didn't want to downgrade them as it wasn't an issue on those stacks) but I have a few switches that connect via copper to a media converter, and those interfaces swap from Full to Halp (the GBIC connections don't seem to) if the switch reboots.  It can be a pain in the butt so I downgraded those to v6.2.7 and left them there.
Yes, I believe it was 6.3.3 when that was issue was fixed.  It was with the shared copper/SFP interfaces that had that issue (of course, it was the ones I used as the standard port for uplink to our MetroE provider).  And of course our provider required 10 mbps Full Duplex fixed.   ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:37:01 PM by telecom116 »

Offline CptnBlues63

Yes, I believe it was 6.3.3 when that was issue was fixed.  It was with the shared copper/SFP interfaces that had that issue (of course, it was the ones I used as the standard port for uplink to our MetroE provider).  And of course our provider required 10 mbps Full Duplex fixed.   ::)

That's right, the shared copper/sfp ports.  My issue too was a 10 Mbps Full port that would change itself to half.  Actually, now that I think about it, it was two MAN links running through media converters that are set to 10 Mbps/Full that were problematic.

Ok, I may just be scheduling another round of upgrades in the very near future!

Thanks for the info!    :)