• September 21, 2020, 08:25:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: VSP7000 Question  (Read 2673 times)

Offline CptnBlues63

VSP7000 Question
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »
Ok, we recently recieved two new VPS7000's.  I upgraded them to v10.2.1 so we could deploy an IST between them (older version wasn't capable).

Now we've moved all connections from our original VSP7000's to the new ones and I've upgraded the older ones to the same version of FW/SW as the new ones.  All that's left for us to do is to cascade them into the two newer ones to create two, two switch stacks with IST's between them.

With the 5000 series switches creating a stack "in place" like this is never an issue.  But since I've never done this before with VSP7000's and the two I'm going to be connecting the other pair to are production, I don't need or want any problems.

Has anybody here created a stack like this with VSP7000's?  If yes, is the fact that the two "base" units are already in production going to be a problem.  Which is to say, creating the stack in place isn't going to wipe the config on the base units?  Or cause any connectivity issues?

Please let me know what if anything I may need to look out for or worry about?  Also, if you have any tips or ideas, those would be greatly appreciated too.

TIA

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
Re: VSP7000 Question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 04:28:32 AM »
I had no problems with the stacking of VSP7k switches. Stacking works equal stable to the ERS5k switches in my expierence.
You have on the VSP7k 4 stacking cables instead of 2 that you have on the ERS5k switches.
That is in generall the main difference. From a software prospective it is the same that you know
from your ERS5k switches.

Cheers
Itīs always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com

Offline CptnBlues63

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »
I had no problems with the stacking of VSP7k switches. Stacking works equal stable to the ERS5k switches in my expierence.
You have on the VSP7k 4 stacking cables instead of 2 that you have on the ERS5k switches.
That is in generall the main difference. From a software prospective it is the same that you know
from your ERS5k switches.

Cheers

Thanks for the response.  I'm very happy to hear you didn't have any issues. 

In all honesty, I didn't expect any but it's worth my time to check before going ahead.  The older ones are now updated, the config zeroed and they are sitting unplugged (power) waiting for me to connect the cascade cables.

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »
The SW Code of the VSP7k is based on the ERS5k code so you can expect that stacking works very similar.
Itīs always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com