• September 23, 2020, 12:25:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Routing Troubleshooting for 4826GTS  (Read 2231 times)

Offline nodeisup

• Rookie
Routing Troubleshooting for 4826GTS
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:32:53 AM »

I've installed a switch which ip routing in global and also in vlan interfaces is enabled. At moment I have routing issue with my WAN users.

One of my colleague who configured the firewall told me packets are routed to the switch on the firewall but the switch couldn't route them to the clients.

In this case I want to monitor the routing on the switch. Is that possible to see which packet the switch gets on every interfaces (VLAN)?

Offline MatzeKS

• matzeks
    • Controlware GmbH - Germany
Re: Routing Troubleshooting for 4826GTS
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 07:56:03 AM »
Please check that every necessary vlan has assigned a physical and active port.
In addition you can check the routing table (dynamic/static) on your ERS-48xx
------------------------------------------------------
ACE-Fx #00050

Offline nodeisup

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »

I've checked routing tables and interfaces. It seems that they are configured correctly.

Local users on data VLAN can through firewall reach to the voice VLAN and vice versa. That means the routing on the firewall and also on the switch are configured correctly for local IPs. But in both direction WAN uers and Voice users could not reach each other.

My colleague is in charge of firewall configuration and said that he configured the firewall correctly. I'm sure that my configuration is correct so I want to find out that are the packets from WAN users routed correctly to the switch or not?

Offline Johan Witters

• BKM Networks
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 06:52:09 AM »
If you can ping from your internal data lan to the voice lan, and vice versa, both path and security policies are probably ok.

On the firewall your collegue needs to check if all security policies are correctly set, and NAT is enabled. Also a traceroute from the outsite to the voice network, and vice versa might shine some light on the issue.
Kind regards,

Johan Witters

Network Engineer
BKM NV

Offline nodeisup

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 03:51:05 AM »
The problem has been solved.

The routing was on IP-Office incorrect.