• September 22, 2020, 10:03:40 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problems activating ADAC on Avaya Switch 3500  (Read 3952 times)

Offline amedinaj

• Rookie
Problems activating ADAC on Avaya Switch 3500
« on: July 15, 2014, 02:35:29 PM »
Hi,
I'm trying to activate ADAC for avaya ip phones detection and VLAN configuration, but when I execute "adac enable" or when trying via the Web Management I get the same error: "Error installing filter(s), check available filters/precedences". I have booted to default several times and follow this instructions (blog.michaelfmcnamara.com /2007 /10 /nortel-ers-5520-pwr-switch /) but every time I get the same error.

Have someone some ideas on this?

Thanks and best Regards.

Offline tbigby

Re: Problems activating ADAC on Avaya Switch 3500
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »
You need to disable a 'QOS precedence' as on the 3500s they are all used by default.

Easiest way is to disable 'DHCP relay' if you aren't going to use it. In the web EDM you can do it via IP - DHCP Relay - untick DHCP Forwarding Enabled.

See also: https://forums.networkinfrastructure.info/nortel-ethernet-switching/suggestion-for-configuring-lldpadac-on-ers-3526/msg14073/#msg14073
Tony Bigby

Offline amedinaj

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 12:34:41 AM »
Hi tbigby,
thank you very much, your suggestion solved the problem. I deactivated the QoS Agent on the Switch and could activate ADAC without any other problem.

Thank you in advanced and best regards!

Offline saturnin55

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 01:36:14 PM »
My experience using ADAC with LLDP on a fairly large network (15 buildings, +2000 phones) isn't great. If you often change VLANs while ADAC is enabled on a port, when you reboot the switch the latest changes will be forgotten and revert back to the previous settings. Maybe it's something I do wrong, but I'd try to avoid using ADAC if I was starting from scratch. LLDP is great thought.