• September 21, 2018, 08:46:57 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Nortel-Networks 4548 & DHCP  (Read 1136 times)

Offline yankee

• Rookie
Nortel-Networks 4548 & DHCP
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:49:08 AM »
Hello,

This is probably something everyone knows. Does the 4548 have an internal DHCP sever?
I've looked everywhere and can't find the answer.

Also, while I'm here, what is "NO PC" in the model number?

Nortel Networks 4548GT (NO PC) AL4500A04-E6

I was hoping to use a 4548 for vlans and have the internal DHCP server assign IP address. But from what I've found I think it only has DHCP relay. Does it have an internal  DHCP server? I'm confused because I thought all Layer 3 switches had DHCP servers. Yes, I'm new to networking, at least with this class of switches.

Offline mhtrainor

• Rookie
Re: Nortel-Networks 4548 & DHCP
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:03:06 AM »
I don't believe any of the Avaya switches support DHCP Server functionality, only Relay/Forward.  I can't help with the (NO PC) designation in the model, except to speculate that it means No Power Cord.  I think power cords are ordered as  separate item based on country requirements.

Offline yankee

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:07:03 AM »
I don't believe any of the Avaya switches support DHCP Server functionality, only Relay/Forward.  I can't help with the (NO PC) designation in the model, except to speculate that it means No Power Cord.  I think power cords are ordered as  separate item based on country requirements.

Thank you. I had just about came to that conclusion myself but I wanted to ask someone who knew for certain. And yes, NO PC, may it is no cords. I couldn't find anything else it would be referencing, at least  not anything documented.

Thanks again.

Offline pat2012

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
The ERS 3500's have DHCP server functionality.  I've used it with the ERS 2500's, but those have been discontinued.