• September 23, 2020, 12:27:36 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: No ability to run "copy run TFTP" on VSP-4850GTS ?  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Gipper

No ability to run "copy run TFTP" on VSP-4850GTS ?
« on: October 08, 2014, 06:05:51 PM »
My ERS switches support TFTP out of the box.  For example, I can run "copy run tftp" on my ERS 4850's without issue.  However, today I opened up a new VSP-4850GTS and cannot for the life of me get TFTP to work?  At first I thought it was a license issue since the trial license was being used, so I upgraded to the Advanced license and again issued "boot config flags tftpd" saved the config and rebooted, but still no go?  The only option I have is to "copy run start", there is no option for copy run anything else?  What am I missing here?   ???   

Offline telecom116

Re: No ability to run "copy run TFTP" on VSP-4850GTS ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 09:53:58 AM »
Note that the VSP-4000 ACLI syntax is a different beast than a regular ERS ACLI.  From page 21 of the Administration guide:
b. To copy the file to a specified directory path on another device with IP address a.b.c.d, enter:
copy /intflash/<filename>.cfg a.b.c.d:/dir/<backup_filemame>.cfg

The VSP-4000 runs a Linux OS "under the hood" and has a visible file structure using the ACLI with subdirectories, etc.  You have to be more verbose with the commands than on a normal ERS4xxx platform (you can't just do a "show vlan" and get a list of VLANs programmed on the switch; you have to actually type "show vlan basic" to get the list.

You will just have to RTFM (Read The Friendly Manual) or play around with the VSP-4000 to get used to the syntax.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:57:58 AM by telecom116 »

Offline Gipper

Re: No ability to run "copy run TFTP" on VSP-4850GTS ?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:26:45 PM »
Thanks telecom, worked!  Yep, I already discovered the sh vlan basic. 
Funny though, I always thought "RTFM" stood for something else?   ;D