• September 18, 2020, 12:59:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: IPFIX configuration on ERS 5500s  (Read 2204 times)

Offline pat2012

IPFIX configuration on ERS 5500s
« on: October 20, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »
Hi folks.

I have some 5510 stacks running Release 4.2.3 (yes it is VERY old!) and was wondering if there are any considerations (performance or otherwise) that I should be taking into account when configuring IPFIX.

When choosing the Observation Port I can only choose one or all per switch.  I believe the newer version allows you to select multiple ports, not just one or all.

I also have some 5530s running release 6.2.5.  Similar to my question above. Are there any considerations I should be taking into account when configuring IPFIX on these switches?

Thanks.

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
Re: IPFIX configuration on ERS 5500s
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »
Yikes.  That's scarey old code.  From what I remember and can find, IPFIX was supported as of v5.0 software on the ERS 5500 series switches.

"Software Release 5.0 and up supports IPFIX through the creation and display of sampled information as well as the ability to export this sampled information."

That quote as well as setup information is in the below document:
https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100094186

Offline ijdod

• Rookie
Re: IPFIX configuration on ERS 5500s
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 06:00:47 AM »
I seem to recall IPFIX having a few issues. These may or may not have been fixed in later releases.
- The IPFIX headers seem off-standard (mix of IPFIX and Netflow). Not all collectors play nice with this.
- Functionality is sampled, so in essence more like SMON. Also, the samplerate is fixed, so X samples per second on one interface, x/2 samples per second on 2 interfaces, and so on.