• October 31, 2020, 07:04:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: InterVLAN routing now working on ERS4850 Switch  (Read 3720 times)

Offline eosuorah

InterVLAN routing now working on ERS4850 Switch
« on: January 20, 2014, 07:37:06 AM »
Hello All,

This is the 2nd time I'm experiencing a very weird scenario where I build multiple VLAN (Data, Voice and WiFi) IP Interfaces on the ERS4850. Then enable Global IP Routing. But for some reason, I cannot ping the the VLAN IP Interface for both Voice and WiFi.

However, I can ping the Customer's ERS Switch at another location via the Data VLAN.

This is so weird. Is there any reason why I can't ping the VLAN IP Interface existing on the ERS Switch?

Offline eosuorah

Re: InterVLAN routing now working on ERS4850 Switch
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 07:58:25 AM »
The one thing I'm thinking about is the VLAN IP Interface will only come up on the ERS when a Physical device on the respective VLAN is plugged into it.

Is the above a valid assumption?

Offline Flintstone

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 08:11:56 AM »
Hi eosuorah,

See if you can use a Sniffer to view the ICMP packets etc.  Failing that reboot your switch?

CheerZ

Offline eosuorah

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:33:27 PM »
Rebooted the Switch and that didnt work.

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 02:34:35 PM »
Typically with most Avaya gear the VLAN ( and the IP with it ) won't come up unless something is plugged in to a port that is on that VLAN.  If I am going to test being able to ping all the VLAN's on a switch I put them all in to a single trunk port and plug an old 10Mb hub in to that port to bring them all up.  That lets me ping all the IP's on the switch.

Offline eosuorah

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »
Typically with most Avaya gear the VLAN ( and the IP with it ) won't come up unless something is plugged in to a port that is on that VLAN.  If I am going to test being able to ping all the VLAN's on a switch I put them all in to a single trunk port and plug an old 10Mb hub in to that port to bring them all up.  That lets me ping all the IP's on the switch.

Thanks Telair. I suspected that was the case.

Crazy times! My cutover had to be cancelled because of this.