• October 24, 2020, 09:47:56 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How to remove Ctrl Y option from ERS 4800  (Read 5238 times)

Offline Suraj

• Rookie
How to remove Ctrl Y option from ERS 4800
« on: November 04, 2014, 04:17:14 AM »
Hi,

I need to remove the control+Y option while we login in ERS 4000/5000 switches.

Also i have one more doubt. We are using Avaya IDE(Identity engine) in one location. We have a server which is used to take backup once in every 30 days. In all the other location, CTRL+Y is used initially to enter the switch, later the username/password is prompted.

But in this location where IDE is used, first the switch is prompting for username/password and later we have to press CTRL +Y. Because of this behavior,the server is not able to backup the config in this location. Can you please suggest me how to swap this type of authentication ?

Regards,
Suraj

Offline TankII

Re: How to remove Ctrl Y option from ERS 4800
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »
Sounds like you have SSH enabled on the switch with Radius.  That combination prompts you in 'reverse'.

Local passwords or no radius prompt you for CTRL-Y before user authentication.

TankII

Offline Suraj

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 09:02:38 AM »
Thank you Tankll. For removing Ctrl Y option, we can disable the banner using "banner disable" .

Cheers

Suraj

Offline TankII

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »
With the number of switches we have in production, I prefer to have the banner in play.  I put in the IP address, physical location. MLT info, etc, all on the banner, so when you are SSH'ing or accessing the switch via EDM, you can see you are on the correct switch or not.  This is most useful for field service (Desktop types) people needing to activate ports for remote users.
It's nice to know if you need to run scripts the CTRL-Y interferes with, 'banner disable' is the easy work-around!

TankII