• February 21, 2018, 12:09:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Full Meshed SPBM with SMLTs on NNIs between ERS8600-VSP7200  (Read 767 times)

Offline mixthoor

I want to create the full mesh SPBM with 2 SMLT Clusters. 1st SMLT Custer is ERS8600, the 2nd is VPS7200.
I am not able to activate the ISIS SPBM instance on my SMLT links on both sites. I can only use the stand-alone interfaces or MLT interfaces.

I saw the docu https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100128115 with chapter 17 "SPB NNI SMLT – migrating existing SMLT network to SPB". I see here neither my ERS8600 nor my VPS7200. Is this possible to create full meshed between my SWes? If yes, what I need to buy/activate/change?
ACE-Fx I #00531

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
Re: Full Meshed SPBM with SMLTs on NNIs between ERS8600-VSP7200
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 05:01:34 AM »
Hi mixthoor,

yes it is possible to connect the two SMLT cluster with each other over ISIS-NNI Links.
Do you have a classic IST between the two SMLT cluster pairs at the moment ?

You can not run SMLT and ISIS-NNI Links in parallel between the clusters.
You still can run SMLT to other switches or servers. But you have to decide here between classic SMLT fullmesh connection or ISIS-NNI links.

For ISIS-NNI connections you can only create one active between two devices. So from a cabling prospective you can setup full mesh between your 4 devices. If you need additional bandwidth between
the device use a MLT connection to use multiple physical links that act as one logical link.
You can apply the ISIS-NNI config on the MLT.

Good Luck,
Dominik
Itīs always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com