• February 24, 2018, 01:24:59 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ERS5000 series IP VLAN not routing suddenly  (Read 691 times)

Offline JohnnyLaw

• Rookie
ERS5000 series IP VLAN not routing suddenly
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:56:23 AM »
I've read the forums here in the past for some very useful tips and post, now I actually have a question myself!

I have a ERS 5698 that I recently added an additional VLAN to, I was able to browse to the new gateway address and even add a DHCP server to it.  The gateway was functioning correctly for 2 days and now suddenly I can no longer browse or ping the gateway.  The 2nd gateway I added is STILL functioning fine, its just 1 thats no longer working. 

I covered the basics already:
IP routing is turned on, all VLANs working except the 1.
Under IP > Addresses it IS showing the non working gateway
Under routes it is NOT showing any routes to this gateway now (Hence the problem!)

Im sure I could set a static route for locally and just move on but I want to understand how it broke really.
I have NOT rebooted this switch as its the core to the entire company.  It is running the most current 6.6.3.014 SW and FW 6.0.0.21.

I have also tried removing the VLAN all together and re-adding it but that has not worked either.  Im trying to avoid a reboot at all cost as I have to schedule downtime on a weekend for this.

Thoughts or suggestions??
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:01:58 PM by JohnnyLaw »
Just another network guy

Offline JohnnyLaw

• Rookie
Re: ERS5000 series IP VLAN not routing suddenly
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »
Just for the hey of it I removed everything again once more and re-added, re-associated another port again and everything seems to be working now?  Nothing changed from the last 2 times I tried it.

Anyone else notice this?  We didn't have problems on a very older firmware, just the new one this small hiccup.
Just another network guy