• September 21, 2018, 02:32:01 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ERS 8600 LACP MLT  (Read 1784 times)

Offline glennc

• Rookie
ERS 8600 LACP MLT
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:34:59 PM »
I am connecting two ERS 8600s to a Calix E5-400 (simple switch). I have a total of 18 identical connections which are working - but I cannot get the new link to come in-service. It has been a couple of years since I created one of these links and I am wondering if I have a sequence problem. When it works properly only one of the links is active at a time on one of the 8600s to the E5-400. I am not using SMLT. The port type should come up as a trunk but when I turn up the links it changes between trunk and access several times and then settles on access. The E5-500 shows a status of sys-disable and no-fac for no facility. My layer one connections are good. The only difference I can identify is that I am only using one VLAN on this link, whereas I have multiple on the working links. Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
Re: ERS 8600 LACP MLT
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 05:13:36 PM »
OK, need to clarify this a bit in my head.  You are wanting to connect a single VLAN from two 8600's to a single switch.  You are not using SMLT to connect from the 8600's to the switch though?  What are you using then.  LACP?  What capabilities does the switch have to handle a MLT/LACP LAG group of links?