• August 17, 2018, 01:17:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ERS 4850GTS-PWR+ loops diag "burn in"  (Read 656 times)

Offline 7rrivera7

ERS 4850GTS-PWR+ loops diag "burn in"
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:18:55 PM »
This switch was configured and tested before being deployed. It came with v5.6 and to get it to the latest release of 5.10 I had to apply intermediate diags and images.

Aside from a serial connection I also had a network connection with a constant ping to the switch so I know when it's "really" up.

The config of the switch was maintained during the upgrade to 5.8 diag and 5.7 image. However, after moving to the 5.10 image the switch now stays in a diag burn-in loop. I have to interrupt and select load image from the menu in order to get the switch up and running. During the upgrade, the switch also lost its config so I had to restore it from my backup.

I tried looking for a menu option to turn off burn-in mode but can't find one. The switch is in production and if it looses power and the UPS runs out it's going to get stuck in that loop...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:20:41 PM by 7rrivera7 »

Offline MatzeKS

• matzeks
    • Controlware GmbH - Germany
Re: ERS 4850GTS-PWR+ loops diag "burn in"
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 01:48:51 AM »
Hi 7rrivera7,

my recommendation would be:
- save the current status of config in binary and ASCII on USB stick
- reboot the switch and interrupt the boot sequence to get access to the diag menu
- in that menu please choose the option to erase all existing configuration
- upload the diag and image again from connected USB stick
- reboot the switch after that, set the IP/NM/DefGW and restore the binary config

If that not helps you'll need to RMA this box.

Good luck
------------------------------------------------------
ACE-Fx #00050

Offline TankII

Re: ERS 4850GTS-PWR+ loops diag "burn in"
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:18:25 PM »
I would go back to 5.9.4 code.  So far in our experience, more stable and has the latest bugfixes in it, especially if you are using the switch in L-3 mode.