• December 12, 2019, 05:41:56 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: AVAYA ERS 8800 with Pelco IPCCTV network  (Read 2827 times)

Offline sanjeev

• Rookie
AVAYA ERS 8800 with Pelco IPCCTV network
« on: March 28, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »
Hi Friends,

I am using 2 ERS 8800 core switches with SMLT & MLT with 4800 series access switches. but when i switch on redundant core switch, some cameras goes offline and streaming on video monitor switched off.

In my configuration,there is not much parameters involved,only SMLT and MLT concept are configured for redundancy, Please suggest other important commands that needs to be configured for stable IP CCTV network with redundant core switches.

Thanks.

Regards
Sanjeev

Offline vyasrajkumar

• Rookie
Re: AVAYA ERS 8800 with Pelco IPCCTV network
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 08:05:53 AM »
Did you enabled PIM on Core and IGMP on Edge for the CCTV VLAN ?

Offline pat2012

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »
You need to consider Shortest Path Bridging (SPB). It loves IP CCTV - no PIM necessary. Avaya calls it Fabric Connect. Check the documents I posted in an earlier thread Subject: Fabric Connect.

You would probably need the help of an Avaya partner to get you started.

The switches you have should support SPB.

Offline Řyvind Nikolaisen

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:21:38 AM »
Right off the bat I can't really come up with any suggestions without looking at the config. Does it work with other kinds of traffic when failing over? Do you have VLACP mismatch on the uplinks? All relevant vlans present on both sides of the SMLT as well as the IST?

If you have Premier License on the 8800s and run 7.x (preferably 7.2.16.0) and 5.7.x/5.8.x on the 4800s, you have everything you need to run SPB and let your problems disappear... :-)

VENA Fabric connect isn't all that hard to set up, but it may be a good idea to use a partner to help you get started. There are some minor issues that you'll have to decide on, for instance VRRP vs. RSMLT. SMLT or SPB to the 4800s etc.

Good luck!
Best regards,

Řyvind Nikolaisen
Senior Network Architect
NetNordic Communications AS
Avaya ACE Fx #204