• September 23, 2020, 12:12:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 8810 Software Recommendations  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Charles

• Rookie
8810 Software Recommendations
« on: June 27, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »
Looking at Avaya's lifecycle map and it looks like support for the 7.1 code on the 8800 is going end of life in August 2015.  I'm currently running 7.1.5.3 on mine which has been really stable but to keep support on it looks like I will need to migrate soon.  Does anyone have a recommendation on which 7.2 code appears to be the most stable, I know 7.2.19.0 is the latest but I've always been really hesitant about going with the latest code unless absolutely necessary.  Also is there any thing that I need to be on the look out for on the upgrade that might cause a problem?  I do know about the multiple exit statements in the config to remove if they exist from reading the release notes but other than that I didn't see anything else to be on the lookout for.

Thanks

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
Re: 8810 Software Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:04:59 AM »
I have run several 7.2.x releases and would recommand to load the latest bugfix release 7.2.19.0.
7.2.x runs also very stable in my expierence.

When I remember it correct you loose in the update from 7.1x to 7.2.x some of the security settings like
SNMPv3 and OSPF keys.

Good luck for the update.

Cheers
Dom

It´s always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com

Offline Řyvind Nikolaisen

Re: 8810 Software Recommendations
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:24:40 AM »
We are running all but one of our 8x00 on 7.2.19.0 (just awaiting the end of the summer "freeze"). Don't think of it as jumping to a new release and thus becoming a production environment tester - that was 7.2.0.0. There are a number of bugfixes in every 7.2.x.x release, always go for the latest.

Brgds
Řyvind
Best regards,

Řyvind Nikolaisen
Senior Network Architect
NetNordic Communications AS
Avaya ACE Fx #204