• September 23, 2020, 12:08:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 8600 Upgrade Issue  (Read 2929 times)

Offline CptnBlues63

8600 Upgrade Issue
« on: June 16, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
Ok, so we recently installed COM software in our network environment.  Subsequent to that, we upgraded our 8600's to 8800's running v7.2.12.1

Now when I open COM and attempt to access our core switches using Element Manager (ie: from COM right click on core switch select Launch Element Manager) I get the following error message:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Device timed out. This could be due to: 1. No route to device. 2. Network is busy. 3. SNMP service disabled on device. 4. Invalid read community. 5. Try to access a device through standby CPU.

Now I've looked all through the EDM interface and I can find no place to enter the community strings or ensure SNMP is enabled and I believe that is what's causing the issue (either #3 or #4).  The pre-upgrade version of the cores had the community string info entered in and worked with COM.  Now it appears the software (COM) is looking for those strings but not finding them and I can not see where to enter that information in the upgraded 8800's or check to ensure SNMP is enabled.

Does anybody know where can I enable SNMP and/or enter the SNMP community strings in my upgraded core switches?

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
Re: 8600 Upgrade Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:28:22 PM »
you need to configure the SNMP strings in the UCM portal.  not the COM Portal.

ACSS- Avaya Enterprise Routing Switch  #8

Offline CptnBlues63

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:44:38 AM »
you need to configure the SNMP strings in the UCM portal.  not the COM Portal.

Is UCM part of the COM software?  If so, how do I get to it once I've logged into COM?  I've looked through and can't seem to find it.

If not, is there another way to configure the SNMP traps on my upgraded core switches?

Thanks!

Offline Johan Witters

• BKM Networks
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 07:31:22 AM »
UCM is in most cases the first screen you see when opening the web page. From there you have "configuration and orchestration manager" in the menu on the left..

If you directly startup with COM, you can still open UCM by clicking UCM Home at the top of the webpage.

Johan
Kind regards,

Johan Witters

Network Engineer
BKM NV

Offline CptnBlues63

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »
UCM is in most cases the first screen you see when opening the web page. From there you have "configuration and orchestration manager" in the menu on the left..

If you directly startup with COM, you can still open UCM by clicking UCM Home at the top of the webpage.

Johan

So I don't feel too stupid right this second....

I logged into COM and there along the top of that initial web page it says, "Avaya Unified Communications Management"      *sheepish grin*

I should be able to figure it out now   

Thanks!