• November 26, 2020, 08:21:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 5510 (in stack) Status Light Blinking  (Read 4965 times)

Offline CptnBlues63

5510 (in stack) Status Light Blinking
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
Ok, I'm about to do some labbing and had to recreate one of my stacks.  I had several 5510's that I've been slowly gathering in my office because they've misbehaved in the past. 

I have one of the 'previously misbehaved' switches set as the base and the other is the 4th (and final) switch in the stack.

At present, the Status light on the base unit is not on at all.  I suspect this may be an issue with the LED light itself as I recall this happening on this particular switch in the past and that's why I didn't use it in a production stack. 

Unit 4's status light is blinking continuously about 4 times per second.  As with the base unit, it did this in the past and that's why I'd put it aside.

Everything else on the stack seems to be functioning properly and I've upgraded the SW/FW to v6.3.1 without issue and am about to deploy the config from the stack I'm doing some testing on.

Does anybody know offhand what the blinking status light means and if there's meaning to the status light being off?  Before I open the switch and get our electronics guy to test if the LED is dead I thought I'd check that one out here too.

TIA.

Offline telecom116

Re: 5510 (in stack) Status Light Blinking
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
May be a bad fan.  Noticed today on a bench switch I was working on with a intermittently failing fan the status LED was flashing.

At the CLI enable prompt enter:
show environmental