• May 21, 2018, 02:50:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 4548GT-PWR - Agent code verification fails!! HELP!  (Read 634 times)

Offline tedlin001

• Rookie
4548GT-PWR - Agent code verification fails!! HELP!
« on: May 25, 2017, 06:39:51 PM »
Hey Everyone,

To cut things short - We added one additional 4548GT-PWR into our stack but due to unknown causes, the switch is prompting "Agent code verifications fails!!" during POST and refuses to accept any images from 4000_57xxxx.img to 4000_56xxxx.img (s). I suspect that the power was lost during the firmware update when it was added to the stack but it could be something else.

At the moment, the only option available for us is "to download Agent code" but it accepts none of the images available. Can anyone point us to the right direction on this matter??

Thanks!

-T

Offline MatzeKS

• matzeks
    • Controlware GmbH - Germany
Re: 4548GT-PWR - Agent code verification fails!! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 01:54:24 AM »
Hi -T,

please reboot you affected device with connected serial cable, during the boot process you'll see "Press Ctrl + C" to enter Diag - do this.
In the Diag menu you're able to download Firm- and Software (diag/image) via USB stick or TFTP-Server to your ERS.
Make sure your USB stick is FAT32 formatted and your image files are present and pre-verified with the md5-checksums you get from AVAYA's support sites.

good luck
------------------------------------------------------
ACE-Fx #00050

Offline tedlin001

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:26:53 PM »
MateKS,

I am only able to download Agent code (img) but not diag.bin as you mentioned via TFTP. The downloads for agent codes have been failing and is prompting me to find help. I have tried all the images from v5.6 to 5.7 and all failed so I am guessing that I need something older and i can't find them. The error message is the same - "Agent code verification fails!!"

The menu I get is 'a','d','e','c','i' and 'p' only. I don't have an option to upload diagnostic binaries.
Is there something I can do here besides looking for other and legacy image files??

Thanks!!

-T

Offline tedlin001

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »
I guess what I am asking is - Does anyone have any Agent code images before V5.6? Like 4500_520008.img or 4500_501000.img?

If you could post a link just to help out, that would be awesome!
Thanks,

-T

Offline TankII

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »
Don't forget you can use the USB port for code transfers.

TankII