• December 16, 2019, 09:11:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 3600.1 avaya exam: does anyone have plans to write it in the next few months?  (Read 20655 times)

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
Re: 3600.1 avaya exam: does anyone have plans to write it in the next few months?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
Just curious... what do you guys use as study material for those exams?

At least on this side of the pond (Portugal) it is quite difficult to get Avaya training and study material... only help seems to be this forum (thanks to all, specially Michael for hosting it) and the Avaya support site.

Thanks!

to prepare for the test I used White Papers, Release Notes, Technical Solutions Guides, Configuration Guides from the Avaya site. And good old Experience and common sense.   

I would't waste your money on the official training. All the info you need is available for free.

and yes, all the Avaya docs are in English.
ACSS- Avaya Enterprise Routing Switch  #8

Offline Uncle John

• Rookie
    • My Web Site
Re: 3600.1 avaya exam: does anyone have plans to write it in the next few months?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 03:15:17 AM »
Hi Paul,

Since I have been training for Bay Networks, Nortel Networks and now Avaya since 1996 on the Accelar/Passport 8600/(Alteon)/ERS 8600/8800's I do have to take exception to "skipping training".  8)  You must not have had my course!  :P The new 6722 Advanced 8600 course covers the SPB & VRF topics in detail.  That is apparently what is new in this cert.  (I have to issue a disclaimer here, I have not yet taken it either, but according to Avaya training that is what is supposed to be in this update.)  The new cert replaces the 6721 cert (6101.1) and encompasses the advanced class (6722).  I am currently out of the country teaching this course for Global Knowledge (just in case anyone is interested).  When I get back to Tahoe I am going to take the exam early next month (soonest off-platform time).  BTW, this new exam was also a surprise to me too.  I just passed my 6101.1 just a couple of months ago, now I get to do it all over again! ;D

Cheers, Uncle John.
John.Govern@GMail.com
(775)220-3336 Cell PST

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 11:07:54 AM »
unfortunately Nortel/Avaya ers8000 GK training in Canada is ridiculously expensive because all the classes are based out of Texas, Cali, or Mass so you have to include travel and lodging into your request.   

anyways, I do own the GK self paced materials for 6702, 7515, 7516, and 7517.   which is all based on v4.1. At the end of the day the essentials are the same.  You just need to hone your knowledge on the new features and hardware for v5 and beyond. 

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 09:32:27 PM »
just something cute I wanted to add.  today I got my official certificate package from Avaya.

I am only the 8th person in the world to hold this cert.    I wouldn't be shocked if I was the 1st non-avaya person to get it.

Next two certs my employer needs me to get.... Avaya VSP9000  and PaloAlto Firewall.   there goes the rest of my year.   

Offline Boroda

• Rookie
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 09:16:11 AM »
Hi Paul,

i have also successfully complete 3600.1 exam today with score 86%.

How did you knew that you are number 8 in the world?
Hello from Russia!

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 09:22:59 AM »
in a few weeks you will get a notice from Avaya-learning that you can download a printable image of your cert.   Your cert will have a # on it.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:28:56 AM by Paul L »

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 09:41:17 AM »
@Paul

I think you will be the first person that makes the VSP certificate ....

Itīs always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »
I have not booked a date yet.  I will let everyone knows how it goes.

Offline Boroda

• Rookie
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 07:15:35 AM »
in a few weeks you will get a notice from Avaya-learning that you can download a printable image of your cert.   Your cert will have a # on it.
Ok, finally i've my cert on avaya-learning, but there is only Transcript ID which is 4877544. Maybe difference is in that i've located in EMEA region.
Hello from Russia!

Offline connectbs

• Rookie
Hi Paul,

Greetings...!!!

I want to do this certification, kindly do let me know which study material you have read.

Hi Paul,

i have also successfully complete 3600.1 exam today with score 86%.

How did you knew that you are number 8 in the world?

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
I have sceduled the Avaya 3600.1 exam for Wednesday the 4th of April.

Have done a lot of generall study of the Avaya Tech guides.
Any final advice ?
Itīs always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
Yes.    Relax,.   :)

You don't get extra points for killing the test, so you only need to worry about passing.  I am confident you will do fine. 

Offline MatzeKS

• matzeks
    • Controlware GmbH - Germany
well, I passed the test this morning.  Only got a 77%. Pass was a 66%...

Welcome in the club - well done  ;)
------------------------------------------------------
ACE-Fx #00050

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
Cool!!!!!!!!  I see from your sig you have your acss vsp cert

I have been told that no one in Canada has it yet.  Iam hoping to still be the first. 
It's taken a back seat with my f5 and paloalto and now Motorola stuff I need to write.   

Offline MatzeKS

• matzeks
    • Controlware GmbH - Germany
Yes, I got both (3600/3601) on February this year.
I could not found any number on my cert - so I don't know who is in front or behind me with the VSP9k-Exam 

Btw. - some questions/answers are needed to be discussed  ;)
------------------------------------------------------
ACE-Fx #00050