• November 14, 2019, 05:09:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 3600.1 avaya exam: does anyone have plans to write it in the next few months?  (Read 20536 times)

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
has anyone here written (or plan on writing) the new new 3600.1 ERS exam from Avaya?  It only came out  in July 8th, 2011, so the answer will most likely be no.

I had written a long winded rant about the avaya-learning portal. but like my mom always told me, if you can't say something nice.......

anyways, I need to write it in the next few months. Just curious if anyone else is studying for it.

ACSS- Avaya Enterprise Routing Switch  #8

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
I haven't heard anything about it, however, you are the second person in the past week that has mentioned the "3600" exam. Not that I know what the hell it actually is.

Good Luck!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
oh yeah.  was this at your office or online?

anyways.  according to the avaya site its core content is 8000 ERS v 4. just a tad old dont you think?   so it forces me to wonder if its just the same 920-xxx nortel tests.   

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
I was finally able to get some background information;

Synopsis
The ACSS credential recognizes that the successful candidate has an advanced level of technical proficiency necessary to successfully support a core Ethernet Routing Switch solution including Implementation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.

Audience
Typical audiences for this credential are individuals with up to 4 years experience in the relevant technologies and up to 2 years experience in supporting the Avaya product. Typical roles would be:

•         Field Engineers
•         System Engineers
•         Network Engineers

Exam Objectives
This exam tests the following objectives:

Components and Features

·          Describe the architecture of the converged campus design.
·          Explain the design characteristics of the converged campus core configuration.
·          Describe the EPM functionality and architecture.
·          Describe the VPFM Architecture.
·          Describe the ERS 8600/8300 performance features including the backplane architecture, switch fabric, and QoS.
·          Describe the operation and capabilities of the Switch Fabric Modules 8692, 8691, 8393, 8394 (8895 (new ver. 4).
·          Describe the ERS 8300 Power over Ethernet (PoE) specifications and capabilities.               

Implementation

·          Describe the implementation of the layer 2 features of the converged campus architecture (VLANs, SMLT, VLACP, SLPP).
·          Describe the implementation of the layer 3 features of the converged campus architecture (Routing, VRRP, RSMLT).
·          Given a scenario, describe how to implement ERS 8600/8800 R/RS-Module Quality of Service.
·          Describe the implementation of Layer 3 routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
·          Describe the implementation of the layer 2/3 features of the converged campus architecture (VLANs, SMLT,SLT, DMLT,  VLACP, SLPP) in a 2 tier design.
·          Describe the implementation of the layer 2/3 features of the converged campus architecture (VLANs, SMLT,SLT, DMLT,  VLACP, SLPP) in a 3 tier design.
·          Describe the implementation of the layer 2 features for the edge devices in a converged campus architecture (802.1Q, VLANs, DMLT, LACP, Virtual LACP).
·          Describe the implementation of a 8300 and 8600 switch cluster and checking for Spanning tree protocol.

Configuration

·          Describe how to configure the ERS 8600 for high availability including redundant management.
·          Given a security configuration scenario, explain how access policies, RADIUS, TACACS+, SNMPv3, SSH, MD5, and EAPoL should be configured.
·          Describe how to configure the Network Virtualization (VRF-lite) feature on the ERS 8600 and ERS 8300. (
·          Explain ERS 8300 Quality of Service in a 802.1p and DiffServ environment.
·          Describe how to configure multicast on the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600/8300.
·          Describe how to configure SMLT and the associated loop protection mechanisms on the ERS.
·          Describe device setup in EPM.
·          Given an ERS 8300 configuration scenario, configure Layer 1 features such as Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR).

Maintenance

·          Given an output of a show command, verify the integrity of the configuration.
·          Explain the procedures and techniques available to test and validate the implementation. (ping, testing, trace route)
·          Describe how to apply engineering guidelines for tolerances, limits and standards.   

Troubleshooting

·          Given a description of an implementation error, determine the appropriate procedure for resolution.
·          Given a troubleshooting scenario, determine the sources of information to identify configuration failures.
·          Interpret and execute the output from command line/GUI utilities. (port mirror, PCAP and trace levels)

Pearson VUE delivers millions of high-stakes tests a year across the globe for clients in the licensure, certification, academic admissions, regulatory, and government testing service markets. It boasts the world’s leading test center network, with over 5,000 test centers in 165 countries.

Avaya Certification Exams can be scheduled with Pearson VUE at a time that is convenient for you. For an overview of the exams available at Pearson VUE testing centers, click here. From this page you can read about exam availability and the process for registering at a Pearson VUE testing center.

I'm curious how much Pearson charges? I might just take it because I'm curious.

Cheers!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
it looks like the only addition to this exam is the VRF-Lite.

I think I am going to book an exam really soon as well.   

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Here's the Avaya certification triangle....

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
its my understanding that this test gives you the ACSS.

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
well, I passed the test this morning.  Only got a 77%. Pass was a 66%.    Glad I studied, because there was some crap on the exam that wasn't advertised on the avaya-learning site.  sneaky bastards....

oh well, I am now a ACSS-ERS for two years. 

Offline Tony

Congratulation!!!!!!!!

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
well, I passed the test this morning.  Only got a 77%. Pass was a 66%.    Glad I studied, because there was some crap on the exam that wasn't advertised on the avaya-learning site.  sneaky bastards....

oh well, I am now a ACSS-ERS for two years. 

Congratulations Paul!

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
Congratulation Paul, does they still get you a ACS T-Shirt.
Here in EMEA you got a ACA or ACS T-Shirt for the Voice exams in the past, wondering if they also do that on the data exams.

What crap was on the exam that you didn´t expected ?
It´s always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com

Offline Paul L

• Global Moderator
    • paulaleroux
    • Paul's Networking blog
Re: 3600.1 avaya exam: does anyone have plans to write it in the next few months?
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 11:43:53 PM »
no t-shirt.  just a piece of paper with my results.

as for the odd questions I saw.  There were four questions about SPB and IS-IS.  Which is fine. But there is Zero mention of those topics from the avaya-learning website.  As you can see from Mike's cut and paste, they give you allot of info to study. yet VENA is not there. 

the test was no cake walk. Pass was a 66% and I can see why. 

(can't say more, don't want avaya lawyers coming at me)  :P

Offline FjRe

• Rookie
Re: 3600.1 avaya exam: does anyone have plans to write it in the next few months?
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 02:13:41 AM »
Congratulations Paul!

I recently passed the ACIS with 94% score. And I plan to pass ACSS.
Thanks Paul for reffering about SPB and IS-IS, because indeed this not mentioned on avaya-learning.

Regards

Offline jfarinha

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 05:47:55 AM »
Just curious... what do you guys use as study material for those exams?

At least on this side of the pond (Portugal) it is quite difficult to get Avaya training and study material... only help seems to be this forum (thanks to all, specially Michael for hosting it) and the Avaya support site.

Thanks!

Offline Flintstone

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55:35 AM »

Well done Paul  ;D