• February 19, 2018, 03:13:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [PASSPORT 8010] Deleting Member of SMLT  (Read 349 times)

Offline bibi75

• Rookie
[PASSPORT 8010] Deleting Member of SMLT
« on: March 23, 2017, 05:28:42 AM »
Hello everyone,
I have a question to ask to you, and to have an idea of the steps to doing well my operation.
Currently, we have a cluster of Passport 8010 connected by a MLT-IST with many SMLT link connected to Edge switches (ERS 5530,4500,etc...). A classical infrastructure.
Due to an issue, the previous network manager has moved a MLT link to a Core to another Core. So we have now two link on only one Core. We didn't encouter any network issue.

But now, we wan't to going back to our past configuration, and I would like to know if we can remove a member of MLT ? I have seen the "config mlt <MLT-ID> remove ports <ports-list>" to remove a interface on a MLT. Do you have encoutered any issue with that command ?

Secondly, I would like to know how to proceed. From my point of view, I will do like this :

- Save configuration files from both Cores Switches
- Since we have servers behind our edge switch, test the connectivity with them
- If everything's OK, deactivate the interface and remove it from the MLT (with a continue ping to see if we have any connectivity loss)
- Configuration of the SMLT and the port on the other Core Switch (already did)
- On the other Core Switch, port state enable and verification of the SMLT on both Core Switches
- Validation of connectivity with servers, and everything.

Roll back :
- deactivation of the migrate port on the Core Switch
- reactivation on the second port on the other Core Switch, and add again on the MLT
- Validation of connectivity with servers, and everything.