• October 30, 2020, 10:00:16 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: RFS4000 - Problems authenticating uses on the captive portal (newbie)  (Read 2157 times)

Offline mjgreen81

• Rookie
Hi all,

We recently had an RFS4000 system installed on our site by a 3rd party company. 

Although the system has not been completely handed over to us yet (as there has been some complications with configuring BYOD and AD), we have had the 'guest' connection using the captive portal successfully running for a few months. 

Recently, the authentication for the captive portal stopped working.  We can still create a user account but as soon as they try to logon via the portal, they get denied.  Looking at the live event monitor, we see the error: "Captive-portal authentication failed for client (MAC ADDRESS)".

The third party company who installed the system had a look yesterday, but couldn't see that anything had changed.  They are going to have another look at some point in the future, but I wanted to ask on here if there was anything obvious I could check?

As I say, I am new to this so might need a bit of hand-holding!

Many thanks for your time.

Offline McNulty

Re: RFS4000 - Problems authenticating uses on the captive portal (newbie)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 02:11:23 AM »
What firmware version are you running?

Offline mjgreen81

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 04:12:46 AM »
Hi McNulty,

I presume this is the 'Wing' version?  In which case it is v5.5.

Offline McNulty

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 11:56:07 PM »
Is the system deleting old accounts? If not, can you try to delete some manually and then try a new user?