• September 19, 2020, 02:43:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: RFS4000 - Performed RestoreDefault Password but still can't login  (Read 3153 times)

Offline robinmke

• Rookie
I have an Motorola RFS-4000 Wireless LAN switch that I just purchased used.

I followed the Password Recovery/reset procedure detailed elsewhere on this site:

login: cli
username: restore
password: restoreDefaultPasword

Once the unit re-boots, I can watch it boot up with the following pertinent information:

Motorola FW: 4.2.1.0-005R
FPGA 2.26

I have tried all of the password combinations:

admin / symbol
   admin / Symbol
   admin / superuser
   admin / motorola
   admin / admin123

The one thing that is unclear in the documentation and Forum posts is where I should be entering these passwords i.e.

Should I be entering "admin" etc as the "Login" name and "password" or should I be entering "cli" first and then Admin/password etc as the "Username" and "Password"??

At this point I've tried the password combinations in both the Login/password and cli with Username/Password scenarios and am still unable to login to the unit.

I've also tried SSH to unit default IP with username Admin and various passwords and no progress either.

Any Ideas as to other username/password possibilities or the correct Login sequence via Login or Cli/Username.

Thanks

Rob   :(

Offline McNulty

Re: RFS4000 - Performed RestoreDefault Password but still can't login
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »
I might have my veriosns confused but...

At the first prompt I would enter 'cli', and the second 'admin' and at the third 'superuser'

Offline robinmke

• Rookie
Re: RFS4000 - Performed RestoreDefault Password but still can't login
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »
Thanks - that worked.  I could have sworn I tried that scenario, but we're in and working now.
Thanks
Rob