• August 17, 2018, 01:17:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: rf-domain manager and mixed environment of ap6532 and ap7532 different subnet  (Read 538 times)

Offline theredhead

• Rookie
Hi Guys,

Been struggling with getting the right setup/ configuration for a mixed environment of ap6532 and ap7532 both on differtent subnets.

the situation is :
local floor all ap6532 ap's subnet A / ap6532 profile (vlan 1 untagged / others tagged)
first floor and second floor all ap7232 ap's subnet B / ap7532 profile (vlan 3 untagged/ others tagged)
Both are adopted by an rfs7000 in a Datacenter and are doing smart-rf per floor.

Following the documentation i needed to configure one rf-domain but for mint2 links to work right i need to configure a control vlan otherwise all ap's are adopted by the adoption controller wich is then the rf-domain manager for this RF-domain (current situation, but in case of line failure not future proof). But since both ap's are on differtent subnets segementated by vlan's how am i able to archieve this??

Was thinking of creating a separate vlan voor control purposes , on the other hand is this really the way to go?

Offline jcoehoorn

There's no need to have the APs themselves on separate subnets. You'll find things much easier to manage if you put them all in the same vlan, and then manage them by setting their areas and profiles.

Offline theredhead

• Rookie
I understand management is much easier when you put them in the same vlan, done that with most of the other rollouts of ap's in combination with the rfs7000.

But in this specific case the requirement is to separete them . Only for rf domain manager purposes they have to be visible for each other. That's why i was thinking of placing all ap's in a separate vlan for rf-domain control purposes only.