• November 25, 2020, 11:32:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Motorola MC9190 can't connect to the network, but Laptop can  (Read 5883 times)

Offline hchen01

Our custom reported that their HHT/Motorola MC9190 couldn't connect to the wireless, but no issue with their laptop(connected to the same AP650 were using the same setting).

They are using 2 RFS6000 firmware 4.3.1.0-016R(redundant mode at local site), and 17 AP650s.

(They lost their primary internet link and were using the backup link on Monday, so I reckon it was the problem of internet link device)

But the interesting thing was the laptop could visit the network, but the HHT couldn't (and they were using the same ESSID).

This morning, all the HHT could connect to the network, the issue has gone(I reckon that the primary internet link had been fixed), I checked the log file on the WLC, and found a lot of information like below:

Jul 09 22:22:13 2013: %KERN-3-ERR: 5| vdefrag.c:355 Warning: dropping tiny (68 byte) 1st ipv4 fragment.
Jul 09 22:22:03 2013: %KERN-3-ERR: 5| vdefrag.c:355 Warning: dropping tiny (76 byte) 1st ipv4 fragment.

These kinds of warning information appeared since the problem started occurring and disappeared till the problem was fixed.

I tried to get some detail information about the above logging, but failed, anyone else can share some experience on this, really appreciate.

Offline wings

• Rookie
Re: Motorola MC9190 can't connect to the network, but Laptop can
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »
Hi,

I have also seen this message several times on 4.x.
I don't know the cause but I suspect a fragmentation issue with WISPe when running on a IPSec tunnel.

Is the secondary link at your customer as well an IPSec tunnel?