• May 28, 2018, 03:38:37 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Motorola AP622 cant ping to the gateway  (Read 756 times)

Offline bonnhh

• Rookie
Motorola AP622 cant ping to the gateway
« on: January 02, 2017, 10:43:46 AM »
Hi,

My exiting network have 2 units of Motorola controller RFS6000 ( cluster mode ) and 180 units of AP622 (with  static ip) which running on the vlan8 ( management vlan ) and Mint protocol discover through vlan and ipv4. Recently half of the AP suddenly down and cant reach to the mgmt vlan gateway ( able to execute ping command and running into AP CLI ) but cant ping from AP to the mgmt vlan gateway and this cause half of the AP down. Before the incident my colleague turn on the DHCP on the management vlan without excluded the static ip which assign to the AP. To solve the issue I have to erase config on all the AP and configure back the vlan ID, IP, gateway and Trunk port into the down AP and restart it only can back connect to the controller and get the AP profile. I just want to know whether the IP conflict will cause the AP running down and cant reach to the network and lost connection with the controller? As this is a serious issue which need to be clearly justify to prevent it happen again.

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: Motorola AP622 cant ping to the gateway
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:53:38 AM »
Have you cleared the ARP table on your gateway?
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!