• September 26, 2020, 04:45:24 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Motorola AP-7131N - Country Code not available in drop down during wizard setup?  (Read 6579 times)

Offline jdcaduceus

• Rookie
Hey all!  I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some help.  I have a motorola AP-7131N using Wing 5.2, that I am trying to configure but during the wizard setup, I can not get any drop down list from the country code.  I have tried doing everything - I entered the country code setting on the device configuration on the Web UI but every time I use the wizard the country code has nothing in the drop down menu for me to select.  Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Conrad

Offline jdcaduceus

• Rookie
I should note that I tried to set this up in CLI.   Do I need to do that again?  Any help is appreciated.     

Offline noobie

Hi,

might be bug in the wizard in 5.2
upgrade the AP, get some recent version (5.5)
if you did it in cli, no need to repeat the process. Try look if you can set up CC normal way in GUI, via Rf-domain tab. 

Good luck

Offline jdcaduceus

• Rookie
Thanks Noobie - dumb question where do I get wing ver 5.5?  Do you have a link to download page?  Instructions on flashing for upgrade to 5.5?  I entered the CC at the RF domain config tab - still no CC in my drop down for the wizard.  Just frustrating..:(

Offline noobie

wizard should not be used after you changed your config from default.
Basically as soon as you create new WLAN and commit+save changes, wizard would never popup anymore.
I would rather recommend to not use it at all.

On firmware -> go to moto support pages, you will need a serial number under service contract or warranty I think.
https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Wireless+Networks/Wireless+LAN/Access+Ports+and+Points/AP7131_US-EN

Instructions are pretty simple, do it from CLI (gui had a lot of bugs until recently):
>en
#upgrade <link>

where link can be ftp, tftp, url address.

after its done, reload the AP, it will come to another partition with new fw.

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
It's a bug in the software (configuration wizard)... I ran into too a few months ago when setting up a WiFi hotspot using a AP7131. You can either upgrade, or configure it manually from either the web GUI or CLI.

Good Luck!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline jdcaduceus

• Rookie
thanks Mike.   I have set the country code manually through the Web GUI.  I just wish there was some manual that would go into detail the different features in wing 5.2 so that I could set up my AP7131 as a stand alone WAP acting as a bridge for my wireless router using DHCP - but then controlling two other WAPs I need to install.   Any suggestions or help doing this without the wizard - (wizard made it easy - simply plugging in my router's SSID and WPA2).  Or would you suggest I use the AP7131 as the router on my switch (still having the AP7131 control the other two WAPs. 

Any help from the experienced veterans on here would greatly be appreciated.

Offline romnet

hi,

If you're ok with using the CLI (ssh for example) and send me your current config after your upgraded to 5.5, I can send you something that would help doing what you want !

romain

Offline jdcaduceus

• Rookie
I am trying to avoid upgrading to 5.5 - since this is for my house I am a little weary of using ftp to upgrade unless I can get some help I dont want to brick this wap from my screwup...lol

Offline romnet

Mmm... I don't see any way you could brick your AP, this is 2 commands, if you don't switch of electric power while upgrading :

- upgrade ftp://
- reload

that's all...

Really, 5.5 is much better, you should do it. No risk !

Offline jdcaduceus

• Rookie
Should I use CLI or WebUI to upgrade?  If I use the CLI - I select the .bin or .img file?  Same question for Web UI - do I use .bin or .img file?