• October 26, 2020, 09:53:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Captive Portal problem on RFS6000 cluster  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Atomizer

• Rookie
Captive Portal problem on RFS6000 cluster
« on: February 25, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »
Hi.

I'm trying to setup Captive Portal using external radius.
I verified the external radius with a Ruckus controller and that is working as expected. Im able to create users of set time and login to the captive portal of the Ruckus controller.

Now I want to use that same radius for a RFS6000 cluster. (WING 5.7)

I have setup Captive Portal in Centralized mode as per Motorola documentation and am getting redirected to the login page from the controllers when accessing the wireless network.

However when inputting a known good user the controller is telling me "Access has been denied" On the radius server I see the log entry for the request and it is permitted so I dont understand what I'm missing.

The motorola logs are telling me that access was denied but the radius is allowing the connection?

I have verified with NTRadPing and Ruckus controller that the user is valid and working.

Can someone shed some light on what im missing?

I have removed the config alltogether and created again from scratch with the same result.

Dubug is not much help:
Feb 25 13:33:38 2015: USER: hslogin.c: auth_failure reason code 0
Feb 25 13:33:38 2015: AP35-7C9110 : %CAPTIVE-PORTAL-6-AUTH_FAILED: Captive-portal authentication failed for client xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx(192.168.x.x)

MAC and IP has been changed from actual values.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:42:28 PM by Atomizer »

Offline Atomizer

• Rookie
Re: Captive Portal problem on RFS6000 cluster
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 12:40:49 PM »
So one thing that is confusing me is RADIUS SERVER POLICY which I can create and bind to the controller hosting the Captibe Portal. However since im using an external radius and not the one on the controllers themselves i believe I should create a RADIUS SERVER POLICY. Is that correct?

Offline McNulty

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 11:48:35 PM »
There are several things which need to be in place for the captive portal to work properly. Can you please post your config here so we can investigate? (remove any sensitive details)

Offline hchen01

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:35:52 PM »
configuration-->network-->AAA policy: pointing to external radius server / password

configuration-->services-->Captive Portals use the AAA policy above

make sure that the firewall is enable:
configuration-->security-->Firewall Policy-->default-->advance: should be enable.