• September 18, 2020, 10:14:03 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Blocking Ports on RFS4000?  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Neipas09

• Rookie
Blocking Ports on RFS4000?
« on: May 30, 2013, 03:36:04 PM »
I have an RFS4010 controlling ~10 AP650
I have received a request for all outbound traffic on port 25 to be blocked on the public wifi in order to help reduce spam emails from being sent out.
Is this possible?

Also, is there a way to track what device is sending out the spam emails either from the RFS4000 or the Sonicwall we have?

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: Blocking Ports on RFS4000?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:20:31 AM »
Hi Neipas09 and welcome to the forums!

Why not just use your Sonicwall to block any traffic from the public WiFi network on TCP/25 from passing through your firewall? I believe you can enable the firewall on the RFS4000 only if you are using the RFS4000 as a router and you are routing your public WiFi as opposed to bridging it.

Have you checked the documentation?

http://support.symbol.com/support/browse.do?WidgetName=BROWSE_PRODUCT&TaxoName=SG_SupportGoals&BROWSE_PRODUCT.isProductTaxonomy=true&BROWSE_PRODUCT.NodeId=SG_RFS4011_1_2&BROWSE_PRODUCT.thisPageUrl=%2Fproduct%2Fproducts.do&id=m4&BROWSE_PRODUCT.TaxoName=SG_SupportGoals&NodeType=leaf&NodeName=RFS4011&document=DT_PRODUCTMANUALS_1_1&BROWSE_PRODUCT.NodeType=leaf&NodeId=SG_RFS4011_1_2&AppContext=AC_ProductPage&param_document=sp

Good Luck!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline MWG

Re: Blocking Ports on RFS4000?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »
You may create an IP access list which will block the port 25 and attached it incoming to your WLAN.

ip access-list Block_SMTP_in
 deny tcp any any eq smtp rule-precedence 10
 permit ip any any rule-precedence 20

AND

wlan hotspot
 ssid hotspot
 vlan 1
 bridging-mode local
 encryption-type none
 authentication-type none
 use ip-access-list in Block_SMTP_in

This should do the trick already...