• September 18, 2020, 03:45:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: AP7131 mesh-network  (Read 4272 times)

Offline silverpenguins

• Rookie
AP7131 mesh-network
« on: January 06, 2015, 06:26:45 AM »
Hello all!

I am having a bit of an issue, I am trying to extend my networking but I cannot use LAN so i am trying to create a mesh network using 2 AP7131s (wing v5.4).

I do not have and cannot have a controller, unless this is a virtual controller on the root AP. I would how ever prefer to not need a controller (though this is easily compromised).

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a basic set up? just so i can build upon it I am really stuck configuring this. the senario is 1 root 1 mesh point just to get a little bit more coverage.

I have previously found this guide (http://motowirelessnetwork.com/pdf/wireless-lan/how-to-guide/WiNG_5-2-2_How_To_MeshConnex.pdf) this has some example code but the code is based on having a controller, everything else I have set up but I fear i am missing something.

any help?

Offline McNulty

Re: AP7131 mesh-network
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
The controller has almost nothing do with the meshconnex. Virtual controller is also not required.
 Can you post your config here for us to review?

Offline hchen01

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 06:27:16 PM »
use GUI,
create a WLAN profile,
then under configuration-->device override--> try to find the AP7131
interface-->radio-->radio2-->edit, "first page": choose same channel first, then choose "TAB": "Legacy mesh", set one as root, set another as client, add the MAC in the list.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 04:06:36 AM »
Hello,

I have issue to do my Mesh network :

1.       Go to Configuration Profiles Click on Add.

2.       Enter a profile name and select AP650 as type. Then click on OK.

3.       Next, go to Interface Radio and click Edit on Radio 2(5GHz).

4.       Click on Mesh Legacy tab and select Client for Mesh under Settings. Click add row on Preferred Peer Devices and add Peer MAC address. This is the peer devices to which connection should be preferred.

Have to do this in the Portal AP and AP client?

5.       Now to Configuration Devices and select the AP650 that you want to set as wireless / client bridge.
6.       In Basic Configuration, select the Profile that you have created earlier for wireless / client bridge.

If I configure my AP Portal with a DHCP server when I connect a laptop to the AP Client, the laptop does not get IP addresses. Do you have an idea of my mistake?

Could you help me please ?

Thanks a lot.

David

Offline hchen01

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 04:57:06 PM »
Hi David,

not much information, but something that you can have a look.

please check if DHCP service was enable, "config-device-portal ap-service-dhcp"

please check if the VLAN interface was created using by the DHCP

please check if it's more than one vlan and the ssid laptop connected to map to another vlan, please check the bridge mode, I suggest to use "local"

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 02:44:32 AM »
Thank you for your reply, according with the support of Motorola, this method is used for the old AP. Now we must use the MeshConnex policy.

Cheers.

David