• February 22, 2018, 01:23:56 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ap6532 ap hosted radius configuration help  (Read 1049 times)

Offline exhaustingcommute

• Rookie
ap6532 ap hosted radius configuration help
« on: January 18, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
Hello all,

Working on establishing a guest network with captive portal authentication at a branch office.  The RFS controller is at corporate so I am limited to using branch-local resources, at least from what I understand the information cannot cross the MPLS.  Running 5 ap6532 ver. 5.7.2. Please advise.  I have verified internet connectivity and am able to implement a T&C page but the management request username and password identification with the captive portal splash page.

Thank you, this is my first post so please inform me if I missed anything.

Offline McNulty

• Rookie
Re: ap6532 ap hosted radius configuration help
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately those scenarios don't work in this case since there is an MPLS between the two sites and the RFS controller is only at the corporate HQ and not the branch site I am working on so bridged mode fails.  What I am trying to do is take the RFS's out of the equation to avoid this issue.  So far I've got everything working but authentication keeps failing.  I am trying to use the access points themselves as radius servers.  Is the issue that this doesn't work in conjunction with captive portals?  If so how should I design this type of "independent" setup? 

Thanks again.

• Rookie
Re: ap6532 ap hosted radius configuration help
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 11:45:58 AM »
Thank You all for taking the time to review my post.  The issue was a profile override that enables that service (radius) on the RF domain.  Afterward I had to force the change with a reload and it is all working as it should now.