• November 24, 2017, 07:59:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SRX210 Auto-Upgrade  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
SRX210 Auto-Upgrade
« on: August 27, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »
I just got an SRX210HE to play with at home and tried the auto-upgrade feature last night.  Now that is just plain cool.  Just put the code on a FAT32 formatted USB stick with an empty file called "autoinstall.conf" and automagically about 15 minutes later I have a newly upgraded SRX.  Now to start delving in to the deeper mysteries of this SRX box and to get it talking with my existing Nortel VPN router boxes after I get NAT all happily working.  Figuring out a new router from scratch is always a good use for a long-weekend when your on call anyway.

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23882

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: SRX210 Auto-Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »
I haven't tried that option myself but it is pretty neat I must admit.

I could see that being an option for really remote branch offices where they should ship/mail a USB key in to have them perform the upgrade as opposed to downloading over a slow, expensive WAN connection.
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
Re: SRX210 Auto-Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
It wasn't bad to remote upgrade the old Contivities because their code was so small, as little as 16MB.  But upgrading SRX's code is many times the size at 145MB and over slow satellite WAN links that would suck for a TFTP transfer.