• October 19, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: RADIUS IN JSBR  (Read 6185 times)

Offline MAMBA

• Rookie
RADIUS IN JSBR
« on: March 11, 2012, 06:48:12 AM »
Hi,

We are having juniper steel belted radius admin. in our nw for remote auth (telnet is area of my concern in lan ).I have username for telnetting into a switch I dont have pa ss word for same purpose .

Now I have admin rdp access to jsbr so I would like to know can I recover my native user password from jsbr DB In plain text form. As I have crawled jsbr program location in my server but jsbr stores native user password attribute in some encrypted form so I am unable to decode it. I have secret shared key + pcap of telnet sessions.

So can please anyone share info how to reverse engg encrypted password which is combi of { md5 (shared secret key + authenticator) exor (entered pass paddes null to form 16 octet)

MAMBA

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: RADIUS IN JSBR
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »
Hi Mamba and welcome to the forums.

What exactly are you trying to-do? Are you trying to reverse engineer or discover the telnet password? Do you already have it documented when it was configured?

You really haven't explained how you came to have the username but not the password. With all the security incidents occurring today I'm not sure too many people will be willing (on this forum at least) to jump in and explain to how to to essentially penetrate the network.

Cheers!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!