• June 16, 2019, 07:43:39 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Teaming With option Switch Fault Tolerance  (Read 7211 times)

Offline Steernberg

• Rookie
Teaming With option Switch Fault Tolerance
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:18:28 AM »
Hi,

At the moment we are working on a new project to re-design the network. in my test lab i have 4 HP ProCurve 3500yl switches and 1 server Windows 2008 R2 (Standard) and an Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port server adapter.
I've made a team of 2 ports with the option switch fault tolerance.

You can see my test lab in the attachment.

Now my question is when i remove Line 2 and 4 HP 56 is completely disconnected from the network. But it will not switch to the secondary port and my server cannot function properly anymore. Is there a workaround or something extra to configure so the NIC can see if the switch is not connected tot the network anymore and will switch to the secondary port.

Greetings,

Steernberg

Offline karlozh2o

• Rookie
Re: Teaming With option Switch Fault Tolerance
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:57:16 AM »
Hi Steernberg,

newbielink:http://www.slideshare.net/networksguy/hp-virtual-connect-ethernet-networking-scenario-cookbook [nonactive]

in this link you will find information group, is a virtual connect guide, but I think you might be useful scenarios 11, 12A and 12B.

Good Look!!!

Offline Kefdidaz

• Rookie
    • สมัคร maxbet
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 04:08:51 AM »
Data for this study was to fit it.

Offline Adolfo

• Rookie
    • adolfo zameza
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 04:23:39 PM »
in this scenario you migh want use some kind of stacking o virtualization technology in order to be able to using Nic teaming LACP based on the server side and in the switch side VSF or IRF, depends it the switches are using Aruba OS o Commware OS.

newbielink:https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Learning/Configure-Virtual-Switching-Framework-VSF-the-easy-way/td-p/299916 [nonactive]